The TAFS assessment of paratuberculosis in the food chain
published March 2013.
Presentation downloadable in pdf format here.
Grasp-It® knowledge tool applied to Paratuberculosis. Browse through the semantic network of the TAFS Recommended Risk Management Plan and Summary of the Workshop on Paratuberculosis. Start here.
TAFS RECOMMENDED RISK MANAGEMENT PLAN FOR PARATUBERCULOSIS
TAFS Recommended Risk Management Plan pTB (205 kB)
TAFS/FAO/OIE Workshop on Paratuberculosis/MaP
November 26 - 28, 2007 Unterägeri, Switzerland
The TAFS Forum, in collaboration with FAO and OIE, organized a 2 ½ day workshop on bovine Paratuberculosis (pTB) / Johne’s disease (JD) and its etiological agent (Mycobacterium avium paratuberculosis –MaP).
The objectives of the workshop were:
• To present facts about JD as an animal health issue in order to increase the awareness on the current knowledge and its gaps about the disease, particularly diagnostic tools, epidemiology and risk management in animal populations.
• To determine the gaps along the food chain from a risk management perspective (both by public and private sectors) on possible food safety risks related to JD.
• To discuss and possibly identify a consensus among the participants on the needs to prevent and control paratuberculosis in animals and to continue research in this field.
Click to view a summary of the workshop.
Presentations given at the workshop:
- Review of Johne's disease and control strategies - Part A: J. Lombard
- Review of Johne's disease and control strategies - Part B: M. Collins
- MAP contamination and its removal from animal products: I. Grant
- Mycobacterium paratuberculosis and Crohn's disease : E. Raizman
- Analyses of MaP in dairy supply chain: J. Rademaker